Message from Velo Kate (minimal autocross content)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Message from Velo Kate (minimal autocross content)
From: Ms Katie Kelly <katiekelly@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:42:51 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

As you know, I'm taking a break from autocross (I
started in 1986!) to pursue a newly found passion of
mine, bike racing. It's kind of like autocross, but a
little bit cheaper, a little more dangerous, and the
pay off is, the faster you go, the better your legs
look, over time.

A couple of weeks back, I asked if anyone would be
interested in sponsoring our Marin-based team oh, say,
$20,000. I got a lot of positive feedback, most of it
wishing me luck.

I'm happy to announce that that price has now been
lowered, and now we'll take ANYTHING. I can tell you
all the details if you want, privately. We already
have a primary sponsor, but still your company name
would be placed in prominent spots on our uniform.

Why would an auto parts store, for example, want to
sponsor a women's cycling team? Consider this
demographic. Most of the people aiming to run us off
the road typically drive very fast, and are auto
enthusiasts themselves. You would put your product
name in their direct line of vision. We've researched
this.

Thanks for your time,
-Katie Kelly