need some info on organizing

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: need some info on organizing
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:33:43 -0800
Hi all,
My national marque club is having its meeting this next year in Northern
California.  So far, we have Thunderhill rented for a day, and we're looking
to add some other event.  I volunteered, more or less, to lead the search for
an autocross venue.

We were looking at a combined drags/autocross in Sacramento, but they want
WAYYY too much for track rental, medical coverage, and crew, totaled over
$4000 for one mid-week day....and that was without any autocross expenses
figured in.

So I'm appealing to those with the knowledge, or at least reasonably informed
speculation.  Here's some of the questions:
Do you know if GGF would rent midweek in July?  Contact person?  Approximately
how much do we pay for a weekend day there?  Is it dependent on number of
participants?  Does SCCA insure or does the track provide coverage for a fee?

Ever talked to Infineon/Sears Point on use of their parking lot?

Any other sites in Northern California, outside of the ones used by SCCA
already?  Anybody have another car club who's used a site?  As the group is
going to be based in Vallejo, I'm thinking that we'd rather not go to the
Stick (traffic concerns) or Stockton (travel time).

Would it be possible to rent SFR's timing trailer, cones, extinguishers, etc.
for a day?  Details?  An operator or two would get free racing time if
included, even in your own car  :-)    Remember, mid-week though.  FWIW our
club's president is an SCCA member and former safety steward.

Unfortunately I'm in a big hurry to get something nailed down due to the Sac
venue's lack of responsiveness.  Constructive replies here or to my work
(pht1@pge.com) accepted and appreciated.
Thanks,
             Paul T