RE: [fcscca] Riverside Motorsports Park meeting

To: <roadglue@yahoogroups.com>, <pcaggr@topica.com>,
Subject: RE: [fcscca] Riverside Motorsports Park meeting
From: "DanD" <dan10101@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:14:50 -0800
Atwater racetrack.

Went to the meeting tonight.  There was over 200 racers in the meeting room.
This website will give most of the info.  The main reason for the meeting
was to get the work out and to publicize the good that this will do for
racers, fans and businesses.
http://www.rmpracing.com/
http://www.rmpracing.com/rmp_faq.pdf
Basic timeline is:
Final approval end of 2004
If that is accomplished, then the park would be complete 14-16 months later.
They put on a good show, depicted a Disneyland atmosphere.  8 separate
tracks within the park.  multiple events happening simultaneously.  One
entrance fee to see any race.  Restaurants, supporting businesses, picnic
areas, motorhome parking. They even talked about Autocross in their huge
parking lot, although that wouldn't be their primary concern and would
probably be bumped if something big was booked.
The 3.5 mile road course is what got my attention.
The food was good too.
Dan