marina- first run fastest?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: marina- first run fastest?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:59:06 -0700
thats right, my first run was the fastest. :P  at first i thought i was my
old rear tires, but then other people were reporting their cars were getting
looser every run.  i even tried cooling my tires because i thought they were
getting too hot!?  this was run group 2.  by loose i mean the rear would
step much farther out on turn-in, sometimes requiring a dirt-track style of
driving around the turn and a strange loss of rear traction- especially the
first big left and the big left that was before the u-turn before the
finish. car hooked up great on the straight parts.

more pebbles off the line was another speculation.  i tend to turn-in from a
wider entry than most.

anyone have insight on this?  last time i was there it was also warm and
pebbly, but i ran 8th and the car didnt get progressively slower.

BTW- awesome course tony!!  i loved the exit at the crossover and the 'be
brave' right hand sweeper after that into the offset slalom.  i watched ben
martinez on his fastest run just fly through there!  awesome run.

james