Re: Sun protection...

To: Toy4speed@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sun protection...
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Good points, Don, and Dave, I am SO sorry to hear
about your skin cancer!

A couple of others:

-Look for sunscreens that contain Parsol 1789, which
provides broad spectrum UV protection. Regular
sunscreens are formulated with UVB and UVA II filters,
and only partially protect against UVA. Parsol 1789,
which the FDA approved in 1997 for over the counter
use, protects against exposure to UVA light. UVA light
is what causes the photodamage and premature aging.

Shade, by Coppertone, is a good one to try, though I
haven't seen it in stores lately. I just got a tube of
Neutrogenda SPF 330 with Parsol 1789, which works
pretty well. I'm sure there are better ones.

-Light colored clothes will feel more comfortable, but
the darker the color, the more protection you'll get.
The tighter the weave, the better, as well. Staying
out of the sun entirely is your best bet.

But you all know this.

-Katie Kelly