Webmaster(s) for SFR SCCA SOLO2

To: "Michael V" <crim.blud@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Webmaster(s) for SFR SCCA SOLO2
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:42:59 -0800
Good idea --

Which reminds me.

I am retiring as webmaster June 1.  We need to get some
folks to replace me.  Matthew Rehrer is already going
to help, but I think things would go better with a team...
Matural backup, help in emergencies, attending Steering
Committee Meetings, etc.

Here's my suggestion:

Webmaster and programmer:  Overall site look and feel,
perl or other language programming to maintain apps,
assistance to others.

Results/points chief.  Runs results and points for the web,
is the last authority for points questions.  Defines and
specifies run group classes for all events.  Builds the
event description pages for every upcoming event.
This job needs to be done promptly after each event

Calendar chief:  Owns the calendar and the section on the
home page with upcoming dates.  Integrates event description
pages into calendar and home page.  Home page and calendar
also needs updating every few weeks, after each event and
meeting.

News and Photo Chief:  Owns the photo on the home page, and the photo
albums for Solo2.  Gets photos from events and publishes lots
on the web page.  Maintains "Hall of Fame" pages on Nationals
Winners from the region, and other award winners.  Maintains Officers
lists and Supplemental Regulations on the web.  Updates news items
on home page and the News page.  Updates Novice Rules and
Kart Rules as they change.  Keeps the FAQs up to date.

So, we need volunteers who can commit the necessary time, and
who are willing to commit to service for at least one or two years
on the job.  Lots of creative opportunities, and kudos for web
skills.  No pay, but people tend to like and recognize what you do.

I got a list of volunteers a few months ago, but never heard back
from them -- I probably let it drop.  At this point, the need is getting
critical if you all would like to keep having a web site.  I can help
get everyone started for the next 2 months -- after that, I might not
always be around.

Let me know if you are interested.

Let me know if you can help, but would like the jobs rearranged.

Matthew, which job would you prefer to get?

Jerry

Jerry Mouton                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"