Re: ABS

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ABS
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:16:44 -0800 (PST)
Perhaps I've become spoiled by the excellent ABS systems on the last few cars
I've autoxed, but I wouldn't want to compete without them.  The ability to
break really late (yet early :-)) without having to worry about lockup
outweighs any reason not to have ABS IMHO.

If you want an example of ABS as a performance advantage, witness ES MR2
drivers specifically converting their car to have ABS.  I don't think their
efforts were to just save the tire budget.

This isn't to say all ABS systems are good.  Some suck.  However, my experience
with the systems on an MR2 Turbo, Boxster, and S2000 is that they certainly
helped more than they hindered.

YMMV.

-Andy

http://platinum.yahoo.com