San Diego Tour

To: "Bay Area Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: San Diego Tour
From: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:19:14 -0800
Congrats to all who trophied from SFR at the San Diego tour.  It was my
first time and I can see why San Diego is so popular, as the lot is great.
A very fast course that we seem to rarely be able to duplicate here.  Of
course going down hill with the gas pedal all the way to the floor is
impossible to do at the sites we have.

Weather at Lake Qualcomm on Saturday was miserable and the 5th Run Group had
to be cancelled as it was too dark and wet.  You had to see the Shifter
Karts in the rain.  They needed snorkels an wet suits.

We had 59 SFR competitors, some of which live elsewhere, but retain there
loyalty to SFR.  27 SFR people trophied. Andy McKee pulled off a great win
in a sea of S2000's in BS.  Mitch Fagundes got 4th.  Kevin Mccormick got a
2nd in CS.  My car owner, Rick Grefsrud kicked butt in the rain on Saturday
ending up 3rd in SS and held on for 4th overall and a trophy.  Sobie got a
2nd in his new Z06.  There were only 2 RX-7's and a single Porsche in the
Z06 class.  In ASP Rob Boynton finally beat his brother Chris and ended up
5th, just out of the trophies.  Katie Elder drove Rick Gould's fast Miata to
the CSPL win.  Peter Thana got a 2nd in ES for this first ever trophy at a
National level event.  Randy Noll got a 5th.  Robert Krider got a 4th in GS.
Michael Butler ended up 3rd in HS in his return to National level Solo 2
competition.  BSP saw Harold Olsen in the 3rd spot.  Peter Mottaz got a 2nd
in DS.  CSP saw 3 SFR places - 2nd for Rick Gould, 3rd for Tom Kubo and 5th
for Jim Norman.  Pilar got 1st in APL where the BMW got bumped up.  Jan
Knudsen got 1st in BPL and Bill Martin got 1st in CP.  Elise Geiger pulled a
1st in SML and FJ was won by Jake Mottaz.  Street Mod had Rob Luis in 1st
and Vic Sias in 2nd.  The real show was DSP  where the podium was full of
SFR member. 1st - Ben Martinez, 2nd - Derrick Butts and 3rd - Teresa Neidel.

A great time for me although the drive is a killer.

Great going SFR.

Bryan