Re: grinding brake pads to adjust balance?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: grinding brake pads to adjust balance?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:37:35 EST
In a message dated 1/14/03 11:06:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james@thevenom.net writes:

> its to the rear, which is clearly the wrong end!  i read somewhere that its
> not safe to put a prop valve on a front line for some reason that escapes
> me
> right now.  actually, i think there are two lines in the mustang, so i
> would
> need two.

That's what I thought.  Do Mustangs normally have a rear lockup problem?  Do
you still have the OE Mustang proportioning valve under the master cylinder?

I'm just curious, because I ended up pulling my adjustable prop valve out of
the Firebird because I couldn't get enough pressure to the rear.  There has
been discussion of gutting the OE prop valve, THEN adding an adjustable valve
in the rear line...  If I know more about your Mustang system, I can ask the
Mustang guys on the CP List.

CHD