Sept. 29, Oct. 13

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sept. 29, Oct. 13
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:07:17 -0400
We have Good News and Bad News:
        First the Good News: Our next SF Region Solo II event is on Sunday,
Sept. 29, at Golden Gate Fields, Albany, CA.

        Now the Bad News: With their 4-2 victory last night over the Texas
Rangers, the Oakland A's have assured themselves a spot in the American
League playoffs.
        That clouds the issue of whether we can proceed with our second
Winter Slush Series event on Sunday, Oct. 13, at The Network Associates
Coliseum in Oakland.
        The baseball season ends on Sunday, Sept. 29, and the Divisional
Playoffs (seven games in eight or nine days) begin on Tuesday, Oct. 1,
2002. That's followed by the League Playoffs to determine the American
League champs, also seven games. If you're following this, there's a strong
possibility the A's will be playing at home on Oct. 13.
        After that there's the potential for the World Series to come to
Oakland, again.
        Stay tuned.

--John Kelly, scheduler.