Re: National results from DM & SM

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National results from DM & SM
From: Arie Villasol <autoxin@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:11:49 -0700 (PDT)
I really don't know the times, but you guys can go to
the Nats site for the exact numbers. Weather for today
was dry and somewhat cool in the 80's.

In DM, Katie is in third with a 45.xx? One of the
favorites (and Katie's co-driver/car owner), Peter
Raymond coned on ALL three of his runs. He is way down
in the pack, as is Team Red Star Racing with Mert &
Tito. They are about three seconds back from the
leaders. The Red Star Starlet is wicked fast, but
about 500 lbs. heavier than the Lotus'. With the help
(I don't think Tito & Mert had a choice) of Chris Cox,
Dwayne Komush, myself, and the rest of Red Star, we
attempted to reduce the weight in between runs by
removing everything we could, including side and back
windows. We'll see if Tito & Mert decide to remove the
front windshield for tomorrow's very fast North
course. I will say that the Red Star Starlet had the
fastest accelleration of all the DMod cars there, the
just need more development with the suspension.

Street Mod ran on the South course following the DMod
class. Having only walked the South course, it seems
to be very tight and didn't seem to flow very well.
And watching the cars run didn't change my opinion
about it. Corey Smith is leading the way followed by
Jeff Rietmier, 0.1 back. Mark Daddio is about 0.5
back. Scot Fraser is in 15th a couple of spots out of
the Trophies - He will definitely pick up a few
positions tomorrow on the North course where he can
use that M Power. Unfortunately, two of our other
favorites had problems on day one. Vic Sias had a DNF
on his first run and never recovered, coning on his
remaining runs. Navid had a similar fate, coning on
ALL his runs, with a final scratch time which would
have put him in 5th position.

Those were the only two Heats I watched today. Please
keep thiking good thoughts about all these guys and
Katie for tomorrow.

More later....

-Arie
#197 DSP, running Thurs/Friday, North/South

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute