I've got to say...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: I've got to say...
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:07:35 -0700
This season was fantastic..  For those of you that didn't see me jumping up
and down like a monkey all day Sunday, I'd like to call your attention to
the fact that the two top drivers in HS finished 9th and 12th in PAX with
actual times of 36.608 and 36.758, and I'd also like to point out that Stan
and his Mini weren't there.

After the entire season, Alan and I were 20 points apart for second place
(behind Stan's German-built super-car..)  Sunday morning, Alan's car
broke.  Neither of us wanted to let such an exciting season end like that,
so we both drove my car.  Alan beat me the last time we both drove the Sol,
so it wasn't totally unfair.   We even flipped a coin to see who would have
to drive first.

Alan put on an amazing show.  I can't belive how smooth he looked in my
body-rolling crate from outside the car.  I also can't belive that second
place was decided by only .150 seconds in the very last run of the last
event of the season.  I couldn't have asked for a more exciting year.  I do
have to admit... I sure am glad we didn't get four runs on Sunday!

My deepest appreciation goes out to Alan and Stan, both of whom put up with
my idiocy with the utmost grace.  Stan, congratulations on the championship
and thanks for being a satisfying and playful target, and for the ride in
your Mini at round 16.  We're hard on you and that Mini, but we haven't
forgotten the "H is for Humble in HS" days when you schooled us again and
again in that Insight.  Alan, thanks for your instruction, your head trips
(Yeah, I bet you know where you left that second on the course, buddy...),
humor, and for not hitting me in the head with your torque wrench that one
time.. Or that other time... Or that other time.  And thanks for continuing
to not hit me in the head with your torque wrench for as long as you're
able to keep that up.

Thanks, of course, to the rest of the club and to the core volunteers that
do so much to keep us driving in circles in a parking lot.  I love you
guys!  Man, what a great bunch of folks.

See you in Slush!  I hope we H Stockers have an opportunity to humiliate
the WRX guys in the rain again..

Jake

P.S.  Sorry to Mike for spinning his neurotic Porsche through all those
cones in front of his worker station.  From the drivers seat I swear it
sounded like bowling pins.. Strike!