Re: Camber compromise for autox / track days...

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Camber compromise for autox / track days...
From: Sean Bradshaw <sean@spintec.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:04:43 -0700
This is MR2 content and may not apply:

I run 1.0 degrees (max) in the front and that works great for both, and
still allows great braking. The trick is to adjust in as much caster as you
can tolerate, in my case it's max at 6 degrees. That way when the car turns,
the wheels camber in a bit and compensate for the lack of static camber. I
recently ran Thunderhill with Praxis and the Celica's and had no problem
outbraking them into turn 10 even with unknown pads, and 195/60R14 tires.

Or maybe that was just my confidence over theirs?
-Sean