Re: Hydraulic jacks, How do I search the mail archives?

To: veloimpreza@yahoo.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hydraulic jacks, How do I search the mail archives?
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:17:58 EDT
Joe:

Is this the thread you were talking of ?

Subj:   Lightweight aluminum race jack
Date:   5/16/2002 12:41:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:    tysonlee@hotmail.com (Tyson Lee)
Sender:    owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net
To:    ba-autox@autox.team.net

I sent a post out a couple months ago asking for a good floor jack.  Harbor
Freight had a $200 aluminum race jack but has been backordered for the last
3 months.  I have found another supplier for $270 including a bulk discount.
  If youre interested in a lightweight 40lb jack that has a low clearance of
3.5" and max height of 17" with 3 pumps to max, you can order it here.  I
imagine the specs are very similar to Litening Jack and OTC brand racing
jack that go for $500-600.
http://www.garage-toys.com/larheavdutal.html
Just type "Jack" in the coupon line for the $20 discount.  We'd like to
fulfill our promise of 10 orders for this discount, but you will still get
the discount immediately.

Tyson

I bought the 2 ton alum model and I'm quite happy with it.  However, around
the garage, with plenty of room, I still prefer the very heavy steel floor
model for my truck, and certain uses in my car.  (things like holding up the
engine, diff, tranny, etc.)
The price for the alum race jack was good, and it is very light for
transport.

Don Lew
DSP Supra