Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: Stacey <swilbur@sprynet.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 16:14:12 -0700
Stacey,
The R DOT approved tires, Kumho, Hoosier, etc. are legal for Stock classes.
They do not have to maintain stock tire sizes, but have to mount on stock
rims (give or take .25 of an inch, I believe). So whatever tires that have
DOT on their sidewalls, and fit on your wheels without rubbing are legal.
If you see 'for racing purposes only' or 'not legal for street use,' or
something like that, the tires are not legal for Stock classes.
--Pat Kelly