Re: DARWINISM

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DARWINISM
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:22:20 -0700
At 04:29 PM 6/18/2002 -0700, Pat Kelly wrote:
>Sigh....
>--Luv, Mom

Back in high school, my buddies and I had a biking motto that we picked up
from somewhere..

Pain is temporary, bones heal, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.

It may require some adaption, but the spirit is clear.  If the doctor says
you're good to go, get back on that skinny aluminum horse!

I particularly like your "anti-mom leverage,"  Katie.  My mom had a fit
when I got my first motorcycle.  I thought she'd never let me rest until
I'd sold the thing.  Then along comes her first husband who, lucky for me,
is still a friend..  He told me the story about how when he handled the
advertising for the Yamaha account back in some decade before I was born,
she would drive trucks full of motorcycles around LA teaching novices to
ride in parking lots.  She had a Yamaha 350 herself (a substantial bike at
the time), and the two of them would ride frequently.

I'm riding my 105 lb. sister's absurd 620 lb. Harley to Reno this weekend
with her fiance for his "gang's" annual Reno Rumble.  Mom, doing her best
to feign remorse at her wild years, sighs and shakes her head.

Jake