Re: Loti

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <jesvilla@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Loti
From: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 09:13:04 -0700
on 5/25/02 21:10, Smokerbros@aol.com at Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/25/02 11:52:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> lomike@earthlink.net writes:
>

>> SCCA  declines to class a new(ish) two seat import that pretty clearly meets
>> the requisite list of qualities to make it a "sports car",
>
> except for it being actually available in the U.S., if you're talking about
> the Elise.
>
> but we have>
>> Toyota pick-up competing in Solo II ?
>> It would appear that the SEB/BOD have taken the motorsports  enthusiast
>> logic course equivalent to the Enron lawyers ethics class.
>
> What's wrong with the Toyota truck?  Mini-pickups were, until the Miata, the
> entry level vehicle for many youngsters.  Why exclude them?  Just because MJ
> doesn't like them?  That truck will whoop ass on a lot of "sports cars."
>
> Charlie

Yeah I hated that truck so much that when it had 189,000 miles on it I
passed it to a nephew for a couple of trips to Alaska and one to Minnesota
before returning to Sac. where it now resides with over 260,000 on the
original gear.
How in the .... did you get to the conclusion that I hate Toyota pickup's
from what I said?

My point was/is that the car is a sports car. Give it it's own class if you
don't want it to compete against anything else. Pax it alone. Don't outlaw
it.
Am I in the wrong club? I really did believe that THIS was the organization
that wanted to encourage everyone to compete at all levels and with whatever
some engineering types could assemble.

As for being available in the US, I'm pretty sure I have seen a couple now.
MJ