Re: Loti

To: <jesvilla@gte.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Loti
From: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:54:31 -0700
on 5/25/02 11:08, Jesus Villarreal at jesvilla@gte.net wrote:

> Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 5/24/02 11:43:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>> lollipop487@attbi.com writes:
>>
>>> Actually, his car was turned down on two counts: not enough produced and
>>> sold in the US of A, and it wasn't licensed for the street. Er, uh, maybe
>>> because it had that magic emblem on its nose.
>>
>> 2 out of 3 ain't bad.  The "Kelly held belief" that we discriminate against
>> Lotii is flase.
>>
>> Charlie Davis
>
> OK, Soap box mode is on:
>
> IMO, "Howard the King" dicriminates against Lotus', not the SEB, If for
> no other reason than the only exclusion he put on SM2, "ALL LOTUS". He
> knew the car I have was not going to be eligible anyway, so I know it
> was not anything against me personally.
>
> Why he excluded them I am not sure of, it certainly cannot be that they
> are too rare or expensive, since there are thousands more Europas
> (9,000+) in existence than Zo6 Corvettes, and the Europa is far cheaper
> to maintain and autocross. The tire bill alone for campaigning a
> Corvette in SS($1100 X 4 sets/driver, so 2 drivers =$8,800)is nearly as
> much as the cost to buy a Europa and prepare it. Yet he and SCCA see fit
> to create a class for the $55,000 Vette and exclude the $8,000 Europa or
> other Lotus' from another "New" class. Where is the "grass roots" or
> "cost savings" in this way of thinking. Mind you, I am a Corvette
> enthusiast, always have been, always will be. But I know how a person
> can save a buck or two. Maybe someone should start a campaign for a
> "Lotus Only" class like Dennis Grant did for his Street Modified class.

Er,...I do not quite follow this.
SCCA  declines to class a new(ish) two seat import that pretty clearly meets
the requisite list of qualities to make it a "sports car", but we have
Toyota pick-up competing in Solo II ?
It would appear that the SEB/BOD have taken the motorsports  enthusiast
logic course equivalent to the Enron lawyers ethics class.
MJ