315 Tires

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 315 Tires
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:01:06 -0700
>A 315/35-17 V700 for my car is about $160-$170 each. The street
>version of a tire that size is approx. $400.

Larry, you REALLY need to find a better tire connection if you're paying
that much for street 315s!

I have 315/35R17 Yokohama AVS Sports on the back of my SS.   Pretty nice
tire, not a V700 when it comes to "stick" but then it lasts a helluva lot
longer as well.   Definitely better than a somewhat worn V700 in the wet.  I
have approx 5-6K miles on them now, and the tread still looks basically
new......at this rate, I easily expect 15-20K miles (if not more) out of
them.

They run $266 each at Tire Rack (I paid $250 each back in October).

Other choices include BFG KDs for $284 each,  Goodyear GS-Cs for $233 each,
and Dunlop SP8000s for $222 each.    Even Pirelli P7000 Supersports if you
want an "all season" tire are available for $201 each.

If you're "frugal" (i.e cheap :^), you can get the Sumitomo Street HTRZ in
315/35R17 for $167 each.

Fortunately, as more cars are out there that use 315s, the price has come
down considerably in the last few years.

Ed Runnion       Santa Clara CA
mailto:Ed_Runnion@RegionOfDoom.com
96 Chevy Impala SS, BIG tires in back, smaller (275) in front
02 Subaru WRX Wagon, much smaller tires all around :^)