RE: De Anza

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: De Anza
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:11:30 -0700
Sacramento Chapter holds more enduro-style events, but I think in the fall?

The Duel at Deanza isn't so much an "enduro" than it is a history lesson. As
our crowds increased, our laps decreased, and that's how we got our current
format. You can just fit in more people, mainly because you can send out cars
every twenty or so seconds, which you cannot do in a multiple-lap event.

I know we got a few laps when I started, and that was in '86, when I was
twelve. :) We also got more than one shot at it. Those were the days.

Katie K.