Re: Scales at national events (Dennis is right)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scales at national events (Dennis is right)
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
Fictional Health warning:

To all the newcomers to Bay Area autocross, this email
along with the others in this thread show the
cumulative effects of over exposure to sunlight, new
tire smells, concrete dust, strained bank accounts and
stress hormones caused by taking the sport way too
seriously. This sometimes called "Chronic Autocrosser
Syndrome"

Here are a few warning signs that you may be suffering
from CAS
1. You can recite paxes for all classes that your is
eligible to compete in, but have stop and think to
remember your own age.
2. You think 450lb springs in a Honda Civic give a
nice comfortable ride.
3. Kansas has become vacation destination.
4. You know who Howard Duncan is and have strong
opinions on how he has done his job.
5. You purchase new cars more often than new
underwear.
6. Your tire shop knows you on a first name basis.
7. You write or respond to long email about the
unfairness of inner politics of largely volunteer
organizations that organize your favorite sport.

This should not discourage you from participating in
the sport, but please take precautions. Wear sun block
and be sure to drink plenty of fluids at every event.
Keep tires in reasonably air tight containers, such as
garbage bags, when not in use. Use dust masks on
particular windy days.  Make sure your rent/mortgage
is paid, your children have clothing and the
refrigerator has sufficient food before purchasing car
parts or embarking to an autocross event. And finally,
Just Have Fun!

These measures should minimize your risk and provides
years of satisfying driving and socializing.

Alan

=== message truncated ===