Re: Tour and "pro" solo events

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tour and "pro" solo events
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:39:04 -0400

Message text written by Dennis Hale

" It is not shameful to find these events not fun. They
are overhyped and simply not much fun for some of us.
There is nothing wrong with that. The low entry count
may just show this.
The year I was membership chief for the region gave me
a lot of input from folks about what they found
lacking in the club. Lots of folks wanted an ombudsman
to air their problems to. Those problems have been
denied everytime I have brought them up with anyone in
SCCA who ought to care."

I find the Tour events to be a lot of "fun."

We have a lot of regional events and the most recent complaint is that we
have " too many." Our cup runneth over.
        There's no law that says you have to enter everything. Giving
credence to the "too many" complaint would mean we'd stage fewer events.
That's one guy's complaint. There are several hundred out there who
disagree.
        Others complain the events are "too far away." Again, there's no
law . . .

I personally do not find the Pro Solo events in their present form to be
attractive. So I don't enter.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to pick and choose?

--John Kelly