Street Tires with Novice Class?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Tires with Novice Class?
From: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:29:17 -0700
Sorry, I am looking for some clarification again...

When I looked at:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/novicerules.html

There is a paragraph that states:

"2. Only cars fitted with "Street Tires" may run in Novice Stock,
Street Prepared, Street Touring, or Street Modified classes,
including CSP-N. "Street Tires" are (by SFR definition) tires
displaying a DOT treadwear rating of 120 or greater.
Novices running Mod and Prepared cars may run any
tires allowed them in their open class. "

So my question is,  does this mean that if you are a Novice
in Mod or Prepared cars that you are not required to run
street tires and they can run any tire allowed them in their open class?

So does this mean an ESP   (E Street Prepared)  or DSP can run in
Novice with non-street tires or was the mention of "Mod and Prepared cars"
specifically limiting the alternate non-street tire in Novice to the specific
class of  N2(OSP SM2 Prep Mod F125) for the Prep and Mod in them?

I guess that must be it, as letting DSP-N or ESP-N  run non-street
tires in Novice would be really unfair to us few FS-N guys.  As it is
already I can not get close to them even with the ESP/.826  DSP/.820
FS/.809    .011 to .017 index advantage I should have.

Maybe it is my poor driving style or those nearly bald tires I have......

There I go whining again!

Is there going to be another autox school this year?
I need to get some pointers on what I am doing wrong (with my driving).
I know one thing is I need to use my brakes way more, before
the corners.

Thanks again,

Stacey