Re: RallyCross Development Team

To: "autocross list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RallyCross Development Team
From: "Sherry Grantz" <scca@thunderhill.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:50:10 -0700
OK, since there is a conflict with the autocros on July 28, we've changed the
date to Saturday, July 27 (actually that was the correct day, I didn't have it
right the first time around).

For Jake's questions on rallycross, these are things to be determined by the
Development team, but here's what I think (I don't know a lot about
rallycross).

The field may be somewhat rough, but not gravelly. Rollover chances should be
as slight as for autox - that's why we need some good people to design/review
the course.

We probably will have something like four run groups and there are limited car
classes (see The Wheel). So by all means rent those cars, but you will get
fewer drivers in them than James is calculating.

One cool point about rallycross to think about, drivers will get three to five
runs and the best THREE count - cumulative time! So if you're used to pulling
it out with one good run, you'll need to improve your consistency!

If you want to be on our rallycross mail list, please send e-mail directly to
me requesting that.

Glad you're interested!

Sherry