RE: mystery: car pulls to the left ?!

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mystery: car pulls to the left ?!
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:54:28 -0700
So far, some ideas but nothing seems to fit exactly.

Tire problem: tire is somehow damaged and when it heats up it reduces
the problem.
-- possible, but all tires look OK on visual inspection with equal
pressures and no leaks.

Brake problem: caliper is rubbing.
-- possible, but brakes work fine and applying the brakes does not
affect the problem.

Differential problem: LSD has a problem (is a Ford 8.8" clutch based
LSD)
-- possible, but diff feels fine, doesn't make noise or vibrate, and
accelerating or decelerating does not affect the problem.

Thanks for the ideas. I agree that a bad tire seems most likely but I
can't find anything obviously wrong with any of the tires. It's a
mystery, nothing seems to explain it. I hope the problem will disappear
when I replace the tires, or that Custom Alignment will find something
wrong when they look at it on Friday. . .