Re: Benefits of various tire sizes on my del Slo..

To: jake@codeworm.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Benefits of various tire sizes on my del Slo..
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:04:19 -0700
r-compound tires dont age well.  age will harden them (6 months or more) and
they have a limited number of heat cycles of stickiness even if there is
rubber left.  so used ones should be pretty cheap- they give their best
performance when they are young and fresh (unlike race drivers :))

wider tires are also heavier.  but usually most will chose the widest that
will fit.

i am finally going to try some wider tires on the front on my car to get it
to turn better, and because i cant get even my 245 (on a  9" rim) rim hot
enough to matter.  i think my competition uses a 205 size tire on a 10 inch
rim!  they drive on warm tires.

-james c
OSP - Often Spinning, Perhaps