Let's Talk Minis...

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Let's Talk Minis...
From: Carl Merritt <CMerritt@luminous.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:50:03 -0700
So I'm seriously thinking about selling my Golf TDI for a new Mini.  Anybody
have one yet or have one on order?   Anybody seen any come out to play at an
Autocross yet?  Any guesses on weather the NA or S version will be more
competitive in their respective classes?

For reference, the normally aspirated Mini has a 115HP/110ft-lb motor and
weighs 2500lbs, and according to MiniUSA does a 0-60 in 8.5 seconds.  The S
is 163HP/155ft-lbs and 2700lbs, and goes to 60 in 6.9 seconds.  They both
have the same wheel options available (17x7 being the largest), same sport
suspension and seat options, but the S has a 6-speed.  The S is in D-Stock,
the NA is in H-Stock.

More food for thought here:  http://www.miniusa.com/

Anybody?

-Carl