RE: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Subject: RE: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:11:36 -0800
What's interesting is that this technique is somewhat different from
what I leaned to use driving the RX-7 and the Panoz. These cars feel
like they corner better if you brake early, get on the throttle early,
and use power oversteer (instead of trail braking) to help rotate the
car through the turn. I liked Jerry's description of this. Especially on
a car like the RX-7, which takes a second to kick in when you hit the
throttle, if you don't get on the gas really early it just comes walking
out of the turn. I guess there is more than one way to drive a late apex
line.