As long as we're a hair off topic on the bike thing...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: As long as we're a hair off topic on the bike thing...
From: jake@codeworm.com
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:50:52 -0800 (PST)
I never did like going downhill..  Almost all of my
biking was in the foothills north of San Fernando
Valley and Simi Valley.  I could out climb any of my
friends, but I always came home with sore forearms from
holding my brakes on coming back down.  Now I just play
"moving autocross course" with my fellow students at
school.  Maybe it's good practise looking ahead to
careen through hundreds of people rushing to class at
20 miles per hour on my mountain bike.  Maybe that's it.

I feel bad about posting this to the autocross list,
bit since we're so far into the topic of road bikes I
figure I might as well..

I've got a road bike for sale.  It needs to turn into a
clutch for my car so I can continue to autocross.. See?
 It's related after all.

It's a 58cm Specialized Allez Sport, about a 1997 I
think, Shimano RSX components, and about 300 miles on
it.  The friend I was going to be a road biker with was
in a car accident right after I got it and messed up
his knee.  Alas, it's been all alone all this time.

I'd like to get $400 for it.

See pictures at www.codeworm.com/bike

Thanks,

Jake