RE: Energy drinks, was RE: The waiver line getting in

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: RE: Energy drinks, was RE: The waiver line getting in
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:32:15 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Talley, Brooks wrote:

> [...]

I remember an event at Oakland a couple of years ago when Don McKenna
sneaked up on the last run for the win (again!), on a day when I had
totally blown my last run.  After I'd driven over and parked, I leaned
against one of the steel poles and found it a bit loose, so I pulled it
out and walked over to where Steve Hobaugh was getting out of the Grand
Sport, twirling it idly.  He looked just a shade apprehensively up and
said, "You're not going to hit me with that, are you?".  "No, YOU didn't
beat me.  Where's Don?".  Hey, I just wanted to congratulate him!!

KeS