Re: 91-95 MR2 Comments?

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: 91-95 MR2 Comments?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:06:36 -0800
On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 09:45:14AM -0800, Kelly, Katie wrote about the
MR2:

> Great commuter car, by the way. He was really happy with it, and
> could cram in a whole bunch of stuff. We fit in four tires, our
> luggage, and TWO people, in one little car. You can't do that in a
> Miata.

What?  How?  I've seen people carry tires in MR2s, and it's remarkably
like how people carry tires in Miatas: three in the passenger seat and
one in the front trunk instead of the spare.  Now that does leave the
entire rear trunk for luggage, but where does the second person go?
Are you tying wheels to the T-top divider?

My best guess is: one tire behind each seat.  One tire in the rear
trunk, one tire in the front trunk.  Am I close?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94