RE: What's the Solo II rules on tire-warmers, and how are they

To: "'Joe'" <joe@bea.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What's the Solo II rules on tire-warmers, and how are they
From: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:04:36 -0800
Joe,

The road racing compound is not that different from the autox compound.  I
used them all of last year.  Seems like you have a general tire heat
retention problem.

There are tricks that I've seen people do to keep the heat in the tires,
especially Hoosiers.  In 2000 Nationals, the big thing was the individual
tire covers made of heat insulation material.  They would cover the tires in
between runs with these things to keep the heat in.  Last year, they went a
step further.  They would take a roll of this insulation material (shiny
aluminum looking thing) and make a skirt all around the car, all the way to
the ground.  I bet this year they will make full car covers out of that
material and cover the car with it and leave the engine running.

--Navid