NCSCC, the rest of the story

To: "ba autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: NCSCC, the rest of the story
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:20:35 -0800 (PST)
There are quite a few of the old NCSCC clubs still
around actually. I dare say most of them.
ESCA and TRC are still holding the NCSCC banner. ESCA
holds autocrosses in Santa Rosa/Petaluma, TRC still
holds rallyes in Mountain View. TRC never hosted
autocrosses, so no change there.
CSCC has teamed with AAS and both run autocross series
in Sacramento.
Redwood is independent and still holds autocrosses in
Eureka, plus the Hoopa hillclimb.
UFO [FiveTenOwners], CCC [CapriClub], Santa Clara
Corvettes, FIAT America, all belong to and hold events
in the NASA/X series. Santa Clara Corvettes and a
couple of other Corvette groups hold events and even
have a series as I understand.
Lockheed still holds events, closed to outsiders but
under the NASA/X program.
There are four new clubs in the NASA/X group all
holding events in that series. BAMA [Miatas], CalPoly,
BANeons, LS1s [Camaros].
DeAnza autoshop is a club in the NASA/X group and they
of course hold a fairly well known event every year.
Triumph Travellers still hold meetings but haven't
held an autocross since Pleasanton went away.
About the only other club around that I know of that
used to be a NCSCC club that still holds events that
you forgot to mention is the SCCA/SFR group.
Indeed, only ACT, and Team Sprint are really missing
from the council at the time of it's demise. Others
had gone away before but so what?
The arcane hosting system went away much before the
end of the Council, by 1980, and had nothing to do
with the end of the Council series. That series simply
ended with the loss of Pleasanton Fairgrounds in 1991.
They chose not to use a new location. And boy, that is
a silly topic of no interest anymore. I hope.
The rumours of all the "little" clubs' going away with
the Council are greatly exagerated.
There remains more than the One True Way to spend
Sunday afternoon in this country folks.

=====
Dennis Hale