Pylon for January 2002

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for January 2002
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:25:26 -0500
The January 2002 edition of
North American Pylon went into the mail yestderday, Jan. 16, 2002,
and will soon be arriving at subscriber's addresses.

        This month we interview Danny Shields, the columnist for Sports Car
magazine assigned to cover Solo II events. He's also won four National
titles over the years.

        A good idea is worth, um, borrowing, and Equipe Rapide of South
Florida staged its version of an Allies vs. Axis event. The Allies won.

        Las Vegas Regioon staged a pair of season openers.
        Arizona Region concluded its '01 season.

Opinons, we got 'em, with a lead column by
        Byron Short (former SEB member) on why SCCA needs
                to dump the expensive reservoir-style shocks from Stock.
        Pat Kelly on how to keep people coming back.
        Del Long on some curious things in D and E Modified.
        Mark Sipe on why Solo II is what it is and marketing won't change
it.
        Editor John Kelly asks: "How fast is too fast?"
        Lorenzo the Scribe asks: "How safe is safe?"
        Warren Leveque says Elegant Style will stand time test.
        Physicist Brian Beckman covers how to handle transients,
                And NO, this isn't about homeless people <G>.
        Roger (The Real) Johnson adds another pair of pages on course
design,
                specifically "box corners."
        Ben Thatcher 'splains how Atlanta Region is handlings its growth.
        Reijo Silvennoinen reveals there really was an '01 Canadian
Championship.

We have a feature piece by Ken Edney of Arizona who reveals he took 30
years off of the game and returned to win a Divisional C Mod trophy.
        Our Autocross Calendar has started to grow again. Club schedulers
are encouraged to forward their schedules. We have the most complete
schedule seen anywhere.
        Garage Sale has expanded, too. This is the place to sell your
autocross machine, especially if you're going to take a 30-year hiatus.

        Want to know more about Pylon?
        Check out our web page at <www.napylon.com>

Subscriptions covering 12 monthly issues cost $24 (US$27.50 in Canada).
        Call 1-800-KT-KELLY, 9-5 PST, M-F, and charge it to Visa or
MasterCard.
        Or, FAX your card number and address info to: (925) 846-0118.
        Or, mail a check or money order to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120