Solo 2 2002

To: BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Solo 2 2002
From: "Bryan P. Nemy" <bnemy@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:51:18 -0800
Just in case you haven't heard - 10% never get the word - I have taken
on the enviable task of running the Solo 2 program for 2002.  Sooo, what
does this mean? We have had a wonderful program under Charlie's reign
and I want to keep things happening in a great way.  John Kelly has put
together a variety of sites, Marina, Oakland, Candlestick, Golden Gate,
Stockton.  We have a great group of chiefs handling everything from
event chairs to safety, to insurance, to tech inspection.

-  I'm going to start out the year with alternating the Steering
Committee meetings between Coco's in Sunnyvale and        Ricky's in San
Leandro.  I hope this will bring more people out to the meetings.  The
meetings will be on the third Tuesday of every month, beginning on
January 15 at Coco's.  Look for directions on the web site.

-  I want to get more people participating in putting the events on.
People on this forum complain, come up with great ideas, or just BS
about how things should be done.  Well, if you want to put your words
into action come to the Steering Committee  meetings where the decisions
are made.  This is a volunteer organization and we need lots of
volunteers to get things done.  We are a real open group of people and
welcome new blood.  You may think that the same people do most of the
work, but that just means that 10% of the people are doing 90% of the
work, as in most organizations.  We need more participation from more
people.  Come to the meetings and volunteer to become a specialty
chief.  Or contact me and I will find a job for you.  We can always use
event chairs, course designers, motorhome drivers and lots of other
positions for each event.

-   We will be putting on a National Tour and a Pro Solo at Castle Air
Field in May (Tour May 3-5 and Pro May 10-12).  We need to get chairs
and specialty chiefs for these 2 dates now.  We want these events to
showcase SFR and show the rest of the country what we can do.  I want
some of the great people in this region to come forward and get
involved.  Please email me privately.

-   We have a great group of people that will be running things this
year.  You can find the list in the next Wheel and on the Officers
button on the web site.  Feel free to contact me and any of the other
chiefs with questions or concerns.

-   Boondoggle.  This will be the years first event, on January 27th.
We need experienced people to volunteer to help with questions about the
new Stock class structure as I'm sure this will be a real cause for
confusion among the novices and  others with less experience.  As
always, we need setup people to help.  Look for the post as we get
closer to the event.  Remember that it can be your work assignment for
the day.

I know that we will have another great year of autocrossing .  See you
at Boondoggle.

Bryan Nemy
SFR Solo 2 Chief
510-483-2160