RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Corey Smith" <smythe@abac.com>
Subject: RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:47:04 -0500

Message text written by "Corey Smith"

"
I think what Navid means is that track stuff is a better bang-for-the-buck
per minute.  I would have to agree with that.  The thing is, an autox day
is
only 3 to 5 min of driving, whereas a track day could be 100 to 150 min of
driving.

Corey"

Yes, that's what Navid means. However, I respectfully disagree.
And, depending upon the organization, the amount of track time can vary
greatly.
There have been SCCA race weekends when it consisted of 30 minutes of
practice, 30 minutes of qualifying, and a 30 minute race. That's 90
minutes, somewhat short of the 100 in your guestimate.

Plus, next time you visit a race track, be sure to check out the wrecked
cars parked near the tech area. It doesn't happen to everybody but it often
happens to people who are keeping their nose clean and oops, they get cut
off.

 --John Kelly