Boondoggle and Safety, was RE: Informal Poll...

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>, <Toy4speed@aol.com>
Subject: Boondoggle and Safety, was RE: Informal Poll...
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:44:39 -0800
For the Boondoggle Only (because I really should be working on something
important):

Is it REQUIRED to have a person at a gate? Or is this just hypothetical,
for a pre-reg system? If not, no, I don't want ANYONE separated from our
group at the Coliseum. Unless it's required by Coliseum management, I
don't want to risk ANYONE'S safety.

Plus, when you're dealing with 300 people, there WILL be oversights. I
don't want someone sitting out there by him or herself, even WITH a
radio, because batteries die, communication is lost, and now we've got a
person sitting far, far away with no way out. Ach, I don't even want to
think about it.

I have lived through this stuff TOO MANY TIMES in all sorts of
situations never before imagined!

This tecnology stuff is neat on paper, but you know, although I work in
the computer industry, I still like to read a book every now and then,
you know? Walking is totally outdated, but it still works, too.

I really need to chill. Boondoggle is MONTHS away.

Your Boondoggle Boss,
Katie