unintended consequences

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: unintended consequences
From: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:09:24 -0700
Once again today we got an indication of how well we are doing at attracting
folks to our events. In the sixth run group there were so many "newbies" and
guests that there were no where near enough loaner helmets to go around, to
the point that we had four people using two helmets and another novice
presented himself at the head of the line on grid w/o headgear thinking he
might get to run 'cause "we" didn't have a helmet for him!
I just wonder if this individual would drive to the mountains, purchase a
lift ticket at at Squaw and expect to get on a chair lift without skis?
Anybody got a solution in their pocket?
MJ

PS thanks to those who did double duty in the am to make it work today!
PPS let's hear it for our event chairs and course designer.