RE: 2500 lb Miata?

To: "'Scot Zediker '" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: 2500 lb Miata?
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:38:36 -0700
>Where does one find a 2500lb Miata?  Mine doesn't weigh that much unless
>I'm carrying a passenger and a full tank of gas.  And a week's worth of
>groceries.

Going off the Mazda website (and a blind guess), I now realize that a 2500
lb 2002 Miata 6 spd is gonna have one VERY skinny driver :^)

According to Mazda, here are the weights in lbs :

  2387 (5 Spd)
  2429 (Auto......who buys a Miata with an Automatic?!?!?!?)
  2447 (6 Spd)

Interesting that the 6 speed car weighs 60 lbs more....guessing there are
some other "mandatory options" that come with that?

Of course, I suspect (like most car models) the Miata has had some "weight
creep" over the years, with an upward trend.

Ed R, approx 2500 lbs on the front axle of my car :^)