Re: where to find battery cable?

To: Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net, James Creasy
Subject: Re: where to find battery cable?
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:19:36 -0700 (PDT)
 I used to manage a high end car stereo shop, the markup on the cables is high.
 It's up to 70% on many items like accessories.  Orchard and Home Depot will
carry the same stuff for less than the car stereo shops.
Greg

Want more car stereo shop dirt read on:
labor for CD or tape deck = $50.  It is really worth $20 for most Hondas,
Ford's and many 90+ non European cars why, these car manufactures make it real
easy to add after market audio.
Install Kits, $15 for haness, $15 for dash kit.  Kits are $7.50 each store
cost. Some Hondas, Fords, VWs and Toyotas only need a wire harness.  But teh
shop charges you for a full dash kit.
Car alarms, really just expensive noise makers.  Difficult to install, kinda
worth the install fees if you want one.  Easier if your car already has
electric door locks.

  Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net> wrote: Try the high-end auto
audio stores. Alternatively, Orchard Supply or Home
Depot.

KeS

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, James Creasy wrote:

> this seems easy, but places like kragen, napa and pep boys dont carry long
> battery cables (6'+)
>
> what id like is 2 gauge insulated cable with a way to attach the ends where
> i want.
>
> should i look at the hardware store? i can order from summit, but id rather
> have it today. (hoping to put the gas tank back on today)
>
> i live in berkeley.
>
> thanks!
>
> -james
> OSP #74