Re: racing was Re: Speedvision to become NASCAR channel?

To: black94pgt@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: racing was Re: Speedvision to become NASCAR channel?
From: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
I've got to let my British side show a little bit (hey, once a year).
We used to live 10 minutes from Donnington Park and used to get to
see all kinds of racing year round.  My parents just got back from
England and brought me all the usual car magazines!  Great stuff!!!!

I really enjoy the British Touring Car Challenge (BTCC) though it's
being dominated by Vauxhall this year.  Cool cars, awesome battles
and just the right length races.  The season recap videos are pretty
cool!

Also, the Beetle Cup races... both the English one and the one here
look like a lot of fun... I'm not a fan of spec series in general,
but those guys seem to go at each other 100%.

In the US, definitely the Speedvision Touring cars.  Whatever happened
to the Motorola Cup?  Any of the Star Mazda series races (or even the
Formula Mazdas at local SCCA races) are pretty good too!

The Speedvision Touring Cars are cool because I've met, or have heard
of about half the drivers.  I wonder if anybody needs a crew person :)

        --Darren

p.s. I already emailed John, but Fox Sports Bay Area (FSBA) has been
playing the Touring car races at random times (Sunday at 12:00pm is
the next one).  Check your local listings!