Re: Cheap Gas?

To: <black94pgt@pacbell.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cheap Gas?
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:50:54 EDT
I think you could make a pretty cool hybrid car with super performance. have a
gasoline motor for cruising and charging the battery pack.
 . .
maybe turn down the power for a few
autocross runs.  talk about torque on demand!!

In fact, I see that our local honda hybrid (NOT a sports car) on street tires
is a tiny tick behind a 127hp civic on R-tires in SFR!  -james

Well, James, at DeAnza this year, a car called the T-Zero showed up. I
recognized it from a Road & Track article. It was electric, but had a trailer
with the charger installed for long trips. (It autocrossed without the
trailer!) It would be a great commute car! It was a beautiful design/style,
looking a little like a Sports Racer. It was very quiet, of course and had
"Torque on Demand", to say the least. - Seth