Laguna Event June 17

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Laguna Event June 17
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:21:40 -0700
Once a year (at most) we get to have an autocross at beautiful, famous
Laguna Seca. This year our date is June 17.

Unfortunately, our event chair (who signed up months ago) has to be out of
town for work that weekend, but we were able to get another enthusiastic
volunteer. Navid Kahangi, of the infamous street-talking Street Mod class
has volunteered to jump in and take over.

Now, we need a co-chair to help with the work load. Navid and his
consultants will handle course design and pre-event work. As a side benefit,
Navid can provide free trash talking lessons if you desire.

Since it's a long way from our normal sites, it takes a lot of extra work to
pull the event together. I would like to say we have a lot of people working
to make this event happen, but actually it's only five or six (the usual
suspects).

For those of you who have thought how you ought to do something for Solo 2,
since you have so much fun autocrossing with us, now is the time to step
forward and lend a hand - especially if you live down towards Laguna or even
South San Jose.

Volunteer to be a co-chair
OR
Let Navid know you will be there to help set up in the morning or pack up in
the afternoon.

Make a weekend of it. Sunday is Father's Day. Take your Dad (or yourself) to
Monterey on Saturday and camp at Laguna Seca on Saturday night. Hey, we
might even be able to provide a motor home for you to stay in! Check out
their web page for info: http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Sherry
Event Chair Herder