Re: Rollover question

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rollover question
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 20:17:24
>HI Rob,
>    The problem with a single rebound adjustable shock is when you increase
>the rebound without installing stiffer spring the suspension will jack
>down. That means the spring isn't stiff enough to push the car back up, so
>the car gets lower and lower.

Hi, Barry.

Actually, Craig is the original poster of the question. But this opens an
interesting topic. How soft a spring, or how much rebound can be used before
jacking down becomes an issue? Could I have a setting that works fine at the
autox course, but bottoms itself out on I-880?

Is there a formula, or can I take measurements to try to quantify?

Regards,

Rob Weinstock