RE: NON-rollbar camera mount

To: "'Runnion, Ed'" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>,
Subject: RE: NON-rollbar camera mount
From: "Loughmiller, Scott" <scott@radiate.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:03:15 -0700
I believe you're talking about the mount in Phil White's S4.  Actually, that
was a home-made item, and we ended up mounting it to both the driver and
passenger headrests for stability.  It's only a piece of angle aluminum
(pick it up at any hardware store), cut into three pieces.  A long piece
that stretches across both seats and two shorter pieces that are bolted to
the long piece to clamp it to the headrest posts.  Then just find an old
tripod, or a new one, and attach the camera mount to the long piece.

If you need more info, let me know and I'll see if Phil can whip together
more detailed instructions.  I just helped come up with the mounting method,
Phil actually built the thing.

-Scott