Re: FW: The alignment pimp speaks! (Jack Chew found!!)

To: "Loughmiller, Scott" <scott@radiate.com>
Subject: Re: FW: The alignment pimp speaks! (Jack Chew found!!)
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:31:54 -0700
Hey, is there an echo on here?

I asked the same thing in February about my black '01 Miata.  I'll
summarize:

Go see Jack Chew in Oakland (now in Hayward).  He da' man.  If you
drive a Miata, he'll set you up right.  Barry Spencer, also in
Hayward, has built a wicked fast (and nationally competetive EMod
turbo rotary Europa, so he might know a thing or two about racing
alignments.  He's done some of the SFR Miatas, too.  Custom Alignment
in Mountain View is also very good and has all the fanciest equipment,
but they also charge more.

I went all the way up to see Jack in Oakland.  Three other unnamed SFR
autocrossers were already there having their cars worked on.  Jack
confessed that he hadn't done many Miatas with the 2nd generation
chassis and that the optimal camber seemed to be different than on the
1st generation cars, so he gave me his best guess.  It cost $75.  It
seems to handle a little better now.  At the very least, I no longer
have toe out on one side and toe in on the other in back!  The factory
tolerances, well...they're pretty tolerant.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94