Solo 2 Road Race Worker Info

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solo 2 Road Race Worker Info
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:09:32 -0700
I spent last Saturday at Sears Point working in Timing & Scoring for an SCCA
Regional Road Race. Other than having to get up way early, it was a great
day. Even being up that early wasn't bad - no traffic makes for an enjoyable
little drive.

Top features of working a road race:
*       Everyone is very friendly and happy to have you there to help
*       You see a lot of race cars up close (my favorites were the half
dozen or so Panoz)
*       If you're a corner worker, you see a lot of race cars really close
up
*       Everyone you meet has an interest in race cars and racing (and a
fair number even speak NASCAR)
*       T&S is air conditioned!
*       Everyone is nice to the workers - without them there is no racing
*       You see people you already know like the famous Tony Collicchio and
Jim Williams
*       Free lunch is provided
*       Beverages and snacks are provided at the end of the day
*       You can stay for free overnight in the worker camping area
*       There really isn't any downside except for that getting up early
thing.

So, if you went to worker training in March - or even if you didn't - you
can sign up to work either the May 19-20 Vintage races at Sears Point or the
NASCAR Winston West at Laguna. The best way to get signed up for your choice
of venue and work assignment is to contact the appropriate Worker Chief (see
list below).

There is also a regional at Laguna on May 5&6 where you can work and get
some more training before the big weekend. Just let the worker chief know
you are interested. You don't have to work both days of an event, and even
if you can't be there at 7:45 a.m., you can show up later and they will be
glad to put you to work.

If you have any general questions, contact me or Leslie Berry, the Chief
Worker Chief:  racerberry@email.msn.com

You can find all the worker chief contact info on the SCCA web site:
http://www.sfrscca.org/Volunteers/chiefsdirectory.htm
but here are the basics:

Communications: Barbara Baldwin
Home: 415-457-2685