Re: Round 6 (yesterday!) results are posted.

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Round 6 (yesterday!) results are posted.
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:49:46 -0700
Hmmm, part 2: getting home! :)
Sunday p.m. everyone is heading home. To avoid 205 to 580, there are a
couple of alternatives.
        1. If you're hungry, need to stop to eat, etc. sail on by the 205 exit,
and take very next one, the old highway through town, which reconnects
to 205 on the west side of town. There are alternatives, use your
imagination! You can even find another: Grantline Rd. which, through
some twists and turns, bypasses 580 altogether (the old highway before
freeway). I think it's called the Altamont Pass Rd. It doesn't climb as
high as 580, 2-lane. For this you really should get a map, as it's
convoluted to a degree. Altamont can reconnect to 580 past the 205/580
joining, or you can bypass 580 until you get into the Livermore Valley.
These alternatives involve city streets, traffic signals, but traffic
flow is normal. No frustrating stops.
        2. If you're in a hurry and like the feeling of movement, continue on
I5 south, exit state hwy 132, west on 132 to I580 and north on I580 to
home. This IS longer, but in time, shorter when 205 is backed up, and
much easier on the psyche! :)
        For those who want to get to avoid the 580/680 crunch, exit 580 at
Livermore onto state highway 84, and take 84 to 680 south of Pleasanton;
or get a map of Pleasanton, and exit 580 in Pleasanton and use surface
streets to get to 680. If you use streets with traffic lights, you can
"feel" your way to 680. :)
        Sorry about leaving all this stuff out...:(
--Pat Kelly