Shifter karts .....yahooo

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, miatamail@txt.com
Subject: Shifter karts .....yahooo
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 00:46:42 EST
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1419947&a=12384705

After much surfing on karting websites I had to go out and see what the hype
was all about. So Saturday I headed out to Prarie City just past Sacramento
to see the locals in action on a open practice day. The karts and pit setups
spanded all budgets...young guys with there first kart...to Ford Excursion
with mongo trailers housing 3-4 race prepped karts. There were several father
son teams...dad do the kart setup and adjustments, and the kids mostly in the
early teens out lapping the big boys...it was great action even from the
bleacher. I met lots of nice people willing to share there knowledge and
enthusiam for this pure motorsport. Later I drove to Mather Airfield to watch
a buddy smoke the cones. Dan and Vernon both had there 125cc Honda shifter
and did provide great entertainment along with the young kids in their junior
karts.

I was fortunate enough to be offer a couple of fun runs by Dan and
Vernon....and my god what a rush. Imagine 0-100 in 6 seconds with up to 3G's
of cornering capability....how could I pass up their offer :) After a quick
crash course with Vernon, i did fun run in each of there machines and came
away hooked, impressed, and blown away...the acceleration is incomparable to
anything I've ever experienced, the turn in was razor sharp...kinda like the
karts at Speedring...times 10, the tripple disc brakes very responsive, and
all in all not too difficult to adapt to, thanks to a bit of previous autox
experience. Thanks guys......now I have to have a talk with Nora to reshuffle
or financial priorities ;)

~Nanda ...future karting junkie