Re: 1999 Solo 2 Nationals South Course

To: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: 1999 Solo 2 Nationals South Course
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:18:38 -0800
Problem is, it's hard to get a lot of cars through the course when you do a
two-lapper.  Minimum overlap becomes 1.5 laps, and half the time you will
have only one car on course at a time.  If one lap is 35 seconds, you end
up with a 53 second overlap, instead of the 25 seconds that we try
for.  So, it takes at least twice as long to get the same number of cars
through the course.

I remember a slush event about 3 years ago at Stockton where we did this -
there were only 122 people, but we still ran out of time and had to reduce
some of the afternoon groups to a single lap.  Major bummer for those of us
who watched the other groups get 3 80 second runs while we ended up with 3
40 second runs.

Jim